Turtle Watching 2023-2024
COME AND SEE THE EGG-LAYING OR SPAWNING OF TURTLES IN BOURAIL, ON THE PIERCED ROCK BEACH.
- The average duration is 3 hours and requires at least 30 minutes of walking on the beach. It is therefore not suitable for young children and people with mobility difficulties.
- The use of personal vehicle is necessary to get to the transit parking.
- Egg-laying and spawning are distinct activities and need separated tickets.
- Based on the behavior of animals in their natural environment, the observation of laying and spawning cannot be guaranteed. Turtles are protected species. They cannot be approached or handled freely and the number of people is limited to 50 visitors per day. Approaching less than 10 meters from nests or disturbing turtles (lights, dogs, etc.) is punishable by a fine of 180,000 FCFP (art 240.3 and 240.9 of the CEPS).
- No refund can be required in case of no laying or spawning observation, no-show of the visitor or if he decides to shorten the service.